top of page

What if I do not have all of the NYS required enrollment documents due to homelessness or doubling up with a friend or family member, will I still be allowed to enroll my scholar into GTH?

Families that do not have permanent residency are allowed to enroll their scholar into GTH under the McKinney-Vento Act.

The McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act is a federal law created to support the enrollment and education of students who are homeless or in temporary housing. This Act is intended to provide students with uncertain housing the same educational opportunities as housed students by removing as many barriers to learning as possible.

For more information see our McKinney-Vento Act page or contact Mr. Jones, The Family Intervention Specialist & McKinney-Vento Liaison at 518-694-9830 or



bottom of page