Board of Trustees
The qualifications for trustees on the Green Tech High Charter School board of trustees comprise the following:
- Experience and expertise in one or more of the following professional fields: education accountability, assessment and curriculum experience; real estate; law fundraising; business; technology; accounting; military; government; environmental fields; administration or community and/or youth development.
- Preferred experience in governance including, but not limited to, training courses, responsibility for serving a board, and/or board membership in a non-profit organization, governmental body, or for-profit business.
- At least 18 years of age.
In addition to the aforementioned qualifications, each member of the board of trustees of Green Tech High commits to the following:
- Belief in and support of the mission and design of Green Tech High.
- Attendance at board and committee meetings, particularly in the early stages during the review and approval process, as well as during preparation for opening since meetings are anticipated to be more frequent than monthly.
- Willingness to volunteer for individual assignments on behalf of and by the board, including service on committees and fundraising endeavors.
- An expectation that all children can learn and can accomplish high academic achievement regardless of race, income, family background, religion, gender, or previous behavior.
The Board of Trustees ensures that the school adheres to the mission, goals and all other terms and conditions of the school’s charter. The Board supervises and holds accountable the performance of the school principal, who is responsible for the day to day operation of the school. Additionally, the Board approves the appointment of the school’s Business Manager.
The Board of Trustees is also responsible for the establishment and maintenance of all policies governing the operation of the school. They respond to complaints submitted to the board pursuant the school’s complaints process, including matters of enforcement of the school’s discipline code which govern long term suspensions and expulsions.